Victory Partners is unique, unlike any other financial advisory and private equity firm serving the middle market you will find. If you walk our halls, you will not find anyone who talks with a locked jaw or wears an ascot. None of us were sitting on the fortunes of our forefathers when we set out to build a world class firm. We have earned our reputation the old fashioned way, through hard work, perseverance, and truly understanding the tenets of entrepreneurialism.
Everything we have built over the last 10 years has been around celebrating the entrepreneur. Our great economy garnered its roots from those entrepreneurs who dared to dream, those whose faces have been mired with blood and sweat, not fearing the arena in which they were engaged. As we face uncertain times, it is the entrepreneur who will ultimately jump start this great economy once again. And we will be there in the arena, side by side with them.
The Luggage of the Poor - (“Why Locked Jaws Don’t Work!”)
Our team members would rather suffer the wrath of the progeny of titans than succumb to the vacuity or closed-mindedness one might inherit! To some who heir, we say “Accountability in no way means one’s ability to count the sum of his inherited fortunes!”
See here: http://www.imdb.com/video/hulu/vi201261081
Why Victory Partners?
One might ask, “What makes your firm uniquely qualified to invest with, represent, or assist us, our family, our partners, or our shareholders in maximizing value for one of our most prized assets?” Simply put, our DNA and approach to what we do is very different.
- Our leaders possess non-traditional DNA. Our team members possess very diverse backgrounds and have excelled in their respective disciplines. Each team member brings a unique perspective and set of life experiences to the table. Most importantly, they have all personally taken risk as entrepreneurs, building or acquiring non-related businesses in their careers. We believe that an investor or advisor cannot truly make a difference unless he or she has experienced first-hand the victories and defeats one earns by sitting in the captain’s chair.
- We do not hire from industry. We do not want to inherit the bad habits others have learned from firms that practice a different approach to the business. Our approach to recruiting is pain-staking. We will spend several months sifting through hundreds of resumes, talking to dozens of highly qualified candidates to hire that one person who exemplifies leadership, integrity, compassion, critical reasoning, and communications skills and who, most importantly, fits our culture.
- A Focus on strategy is key to our success. Whether outlining the strategy for a business to create a true, sustainable competitive advantage, or positioning a company to take advantage of short-term, impactful opportunities, we place a heavy emphasis on strategy. This core belief allows us to properly evaluate management teams and their ability to execute, to identify the resource constraints or poor utilization of existing resources, and to develop high impact, results oriented strategies around the key issues.
- We invest heavily in our people. We continuously cross-train our team to understand and adapt to an ever-changing business environment. As part of our rigorous recruiting process, we ensure that our team members already possess the technical prowess to be successful. As such, we focus our training efforts on the development of communications skills, negotiating to a “win-win,” understanding what it means to have “board room presence,” looking at understanding real world situations to develop creative, long-lasting solutions, and most importantly, anticipating every curve-ball that life throws one’s way.
- We work in teams. Everything our team does, we do together. We succeed, or fail, as a group. Once we cross the transom into work mode, we check our egos at the door and focus our efforts on team actualization and success.
- We are never afraid to take on a challenge or roll up our sleeves. There is no task too daunting or menial that cannot be tackled with pride and exuberance. We place strong emphasis on a company’s ability to “block and tackle” first, believing that the game is always won at the line of scrimmage. Drawing on our own experiences as entrepreneurs in the arena, we have gone so far as to personally run companies in the short-term, identify ways to shore-up capital within an organization, manage sales or project pipelines directly, develop better pricing and costing models, negotiate vendor agreements and important alliances, budget cash needs, overhaul systems and processes, and work with outside constituents (lenders, taxing authorities, recalcitrant investors, difficult customers, or non-performing VAR’s).
Our success is made possible by following 5 key tenets:
- Celebrate the entrepreneur
- Remain highly hands-on throughout the process
- Check our egos at the door
- Take a team approach to all we do
- Focus solely on the result; the rewards will take care of themselves.
Other firms take a more traditional approach such as hiring people away from competitors, hiring pedigrees without proven experience, utilizing highly leveraged capital structures with an emphasis on debt reduction to generate returns, or managing businesses through financial models (not people). Our philosophy is very different and is one that comes from utilizing a broad set of experiences to create a laser focus on the optimum outcome and removing fear from the equation. Through this approach, we have built a reputation for taking the impossible and turning it into reality, time and time again.
OUR FIRM’S MANTRA
It is not the critic who counts; nor the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.
|President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910
Sarbonne University, Paris, France
Victory Partners Core Business Lines Include:
To learn more, keep clicking!